Qaiser Rasheed, MDPhysician
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology
Areas of Expertise
- Coronary and Peripheral Angiography and Interventions
- Non-invasive Cardiology including Stress Nuclear, Echocardiography and Doppler studies
- General and Preventive Cardiology
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
University Hospitals of Cleveland
General and Interventional Cardiology
State University of New York
Health Science Center at Brooklyn
Ranchi University MGM Medical College
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
American College of Cardiology
American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
American Medical Association
1. Bekheit S, Tangella M, el-Sakr A, Rasheed Q, Craelius W, el-Sharif N: Use of heart rate
Spectral analysis to study the effect of calcium channel blockers on sympathetic activity after myocardial infarction. Am Heart J 1990; 119:79-85
2. Suneja R, Nair RN, Reddy KG, Rasheed Q, Sheehan HM, Hodgson J McB: Mechanism of
Angiographically successful directional coronary atherectomy: Evaluation by intracoronary
Ultrasound and comparison with transluminal coronary angioplasty. Am Heart J 1993;
3. Rasheed Q, Hodgson J McB: Application of intracoronary ultrasonography in the study of coronary artery pathophysiology. J Clin Ultrasound 1993; 21:569-578.
4. Rasheed Q, Nair RN, Sheehan HM, Hodgson J McB: Correlation of intracoronary ultrasound plaque characteristics in atherosclerotic coronary artery disease patients with clinical variables. Am J Cardiol 1994; 73:753-758.
5. Dhawale P, Rasheed Q, Griffin N, Wilson D, Hodgson J McB: Validation of intracoronary ultrasound plaque volume quantification. Computers in Cardiology Proceedings 1993: 121-123.
6. Rasheed Q, Hill AR, Suster B: Tuberculosis presenting as chest wall abscesses. Am Rev
Respir Dis 1990; 141: A443.
7. Rasheed Q, Hodgson J McB: Increased coronary plaque fibrosis and calcification
with advancing age in coronary artery disease patients. Evidence from intracoronary
ultrasound. J Am Coll Cardiol 1993; 21:481A
8. Rasheed Q, Hodgson J McB: Effect of lesion location on coronary plaque
morphology: implications for interventional therapy. J Am Coll Cardiol 1993; 21; 194A.
9. Rasheed Q, Anderson J, Suneja R, Dhawale P, Hodgson J McB: Intacoronary ultrasound
plaque morphology: Correlation with histologic samples obtained during directional
coronary atherectomy. J Am Coll Cardiol 1993; 21:193A.
10. Rasheed Q, Nair RN, Sheehan HM, Hodgson J McB: Correlation of in vivo ultrasound
Defined coronary artery plaque comparison with various angina syndromes. Cathet
Cardiovasc Diagn 1993; 29:81
11. Rasheed Q, Berry J, Bryant L, Cacchione J, Hodgson J McB: Acute and subacute effects of intramural drug delivery using an infusion balloon following angioplasty in atherosclerotic vessels. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1993; 29:79.
12. Dhawale P, Rasheed Q, Wilson DL, Hodgson J McB: Computer aided intracoronary ultrasound atherosclerotic plaque characterization. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1993; 29:80.
13. Rasheed Q, Nair RN, Sheehan HM, Hodgson J McB: Intracoronary ultrasound plaque morphology in atherosclerotic coronary artery disease: Correlation with patient related variables. Eur Heart J 1993; 14:126.
14. Rasheed Q, Dhawale P, Anderson J, Hodgson J McB: Validation of computer aided intracoronary ultrasound plaque characterization by correlation with histologic samples obtained during directional coronary atherectomy. Eur Heart J 1993 14:404
15. Rasheed Q, Nair RN, Sheehan HM, Hodgson J McB: correlation of in vivo ultrasound defined coronary artery plaque composition with various anginal syndromes. Eur Heart J 1993; 29:81.
16. Rasheed Q, Dhawale P, Anderson J, Hodgson J McB: Can intracoronary ultrasound really tell us plaque composition?: Validation using tissue histology in living patients. Circulation 1993; 88:I-651.
17. Dhawale PJ, Rasheed Q, Mecca W, Nair R, Hodgson J McB: Analysis of plaque volume during DCA using volumetrically accurate three dimensional ultrasound technique. Circulation 1993; 88:I-550.
18. Rasheed Q, Cacchione JG, Berry J, Richards F, Bryant L, Strony J, Enger C, Hodgson J McB: In vivo local intralesional drug delivery using an infusion balloon following angioplasty in atherosclerotic vessels. Cath Cardiovasc Diagn 1994; 31:240-5
19. Rasheed Q, Dhawale P, Anderson J, Hodgson J McB: Intracoronary ultrasound defined plaque composition: Computer aided plaque characterization and correlation with histologic samples obtained during directional coronary atherectomy. Am Heart J 1995; 129:631-7
20. Rasheed Q, Nair RN, Sheehan HM, Hodgson J McB: Coronary artery plaque morphology in stable and unstable angina: an in vivo intracoronary ultrasound study. Int J of Cardiac Imaging 11; 89-95
Hodgson J McB, Sheehan H (Editors): Atlas of Intravascular Ultrasound. New York: Raven
Reading, Travel, Spending time with the family